Applique Thursdays

I love applique, so why don't I do more of it?  I love applique and patchwork together, but do I make some?  I've put a couple of UFOs that have some applique in my challenge list, and still that hasn't motivated me.  What has motivated me has been those buttons on the left sidebar to get at least something done to post.  So I thought I'd make a button for thursdays and make that day my applique day.  The button has a block I made for one of my ufo's so it's my first applique work I'm posting under this category.  Want to be motivated to applique on at least one day a week or show off your beautiful work, or a WIP in progress or a tip on appliquing?  I'm going to put a linky here as soon as I can figure out how - LOL.  For now if you'd like to join me, please leave a comment with a link to your applique post.  Look forward to seeing yours!

5 comments:

  1. What a great plan to work your applique into the schedule of quilting. Sunday is my day for applique since it is a quieter day for me. I put on classical music and pick up my applique (which I do by hand). I'm looking forward to seeing your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love applique but only do machine appilque. Are you willing to accept fusible and machine stitched applique as well? I have some really really cute owls I'm doing for a baby quilt and would love to share :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have two collections by Kay MacKenzie. I should be tempted to participate, but I must be careful. I can be quilty of two many irons going.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Is there a pattern for the daffodil block, I have a wonderful friend who has just had her breast removed. I would love to make her a little wallhanging to help heal her cancer struggle.

    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like fun. Every day is an applique' day for me. This is my latest project. http://tinyurl.com/88hentn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...