Favorite Things Friday

or "Gift for Mella" .  Our St. Anne's Sewdality met yesterday, and we have 17 quilts to give out this month.  We are so thrilled to be able to hand these on.  Here's the one I made for a parishioner who lost her husband recently and a 10 year old great Grand son.  She's in her 80s.  The center is made of some hand pieced blocks donated to us from the 60s.


And here's the back of it.  If you click on the photo you'll get a closer view of the free motion quilting I practiced on this one.  I first put the purple all around it, but it just overwhelmed the center and then I added the floral print.  I hope she likes it.

I'm linking up to Shay's Favorite Things Friday and to Leah's Free Motion Quilting Project. See my sidebar.  Have a wonderful weekend!

7 comments:

  1. What a precious quilt and your quilting with leaves looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely thing for your sewing group to do . I'm sure all the gifts you give will be appreciated. Giving feels so good!

    Yep- you're rocking the leaves in that quilt. They look gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure it was recieved with much appreciation. Such a wonderful thing for your sewing group to be doing. Lovely quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely gift for one in need of some love at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice. I'm sure it's very appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on the FMQ! That's a beautiful quilt with a lot of heart.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love doing a leaf pattern in my quilting and yours is lovely. A very pleasing quilt!! Hugs...http://treadlemusic.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...