FMQ on Saturday

Didn't get to post this yesterday, but I've been doing my FMQ on a UFO panel coverlet.
This is new to me - making circles.  If only my darning foot had a hole to take the bar that would let me echo quilt around the first circles I marked with china from the kitchen.  What foot do you use for circles?  Until I learn another way, I marked the circles with a Frixon pen an inch away from the inner circle dot by dot.  I'll keep making circles until they all touch.  Realized I should have used an elliptical shape to have gotten the effected I wanted.  Will have to look into that, too.

I'm linking over the Leah's Free Motion Friday.  Go admire all that gorgeous quilting over there.

5 comments:

  1. Those ducks are so cute! Did you make the pattern for the applique?

    I use the same method as you for circles and sometimes it could be hard to see where you're going. I have seen an episode of "Sewing with Nancy" where the guest made it easy to quilt in circle. You might want to dig through her free episodes online.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out well. I use the same method and my darning foot. I do not use friction pens anymore, because of all the bad reviews. Your quilt is so sweet!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Circles are something I will never do unless I have a longarm, but I can tell you that there used to be something that would work nicely with an inch wide ruler. I used a clear one, but you could use just a regular wooden one, too, I think. Link to Photo. I hope that comes through. If not, look on Nancy's Notions for yardstick compass. $10 without the ruler and $16 with it. Any skinny ruler will do, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGosh, those are the cutest ducks! I have not quilted large circles like yours, but they look good and perhaps I ought to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...