Hexie Weekend in the Afternoon

Grandson here and worked on commission quilt- enough said.  So how about what my hexies look like so far.
I've only gotten nine done!  Geesh - must pick up the pace.  Need 27 more.

I spent most my time since Tuesday with the commission quilt.
Four rows done - three to go.  Wish now I had used a more tan background for the blocks with symbols, but I'm not doing it over.  What do you think?

And also, what are you up to?  I'm going to a Greek Festival in a few minutes and know I'll have fun. I had such a good time when I was in Greece. The food was divine, the people so friendly. Would love to see what you will work on this weekend.  Linky below.

I'm linking to Amanda Jean's Finish it Up Friday as I finished some more rows, and with Sarah at Can I have a Whoop, Whoop?  Have a great weekend!


10 comments:

  1. looks like we are both working on hexies today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hexies are coming along very well. I love the way they are turning out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hexies are coming along well, are you doing the hexie BOM too? Love the quilt and the tan fabric is eye catching, I think if you had used more it might have been detracting but I do love it, very much a green and tan lady I am.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the hexies, and I like the background you used for the symbols, I think it lets them pop nicely :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. In the picture, the commission quilt looks perfect with the white background fabric. It plays well with the other white background with the music instrument. But I do realize that maybe in person, it might look that way. I like it so the recipient might too. Have fun "à la grecque" today. I am leaving spending the day with a friend who quilts too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the fact that the music symbols take center stage in the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You get more done with your grandson around than I do with my computer around.....grin.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There are only so many hours in a day, and you are doing a lot of things! Your grandson is the most important thing on the list. =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Angie I think the white fabric makes the black music symbols jump out and that is what it is like on music sheets so to me it is perfect you have really achieved music here. Years ago a lecture said never use white it looks like there are holes in your quilt?????? but here it is perfect. Cheers Glenda. PS so so many of us are making hexagons in a quilt this year??????

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...