Thread Painting

Well didn't get much done on the scrappy coverlet as I attended a thread painting workshop by Phyllis Binkley and wanted to finish doing the sample.  I thought it was going to be a landscape class after her lecture and trunk show.  She had so many beautiful quilts that looked like photographs!  You can see her work at:  http://www.landscapeartquilts.com/  So after her presentation, I signed right up.  Come to find out the workshop she gives at guilds is a thread painting class. You have to go to her house to do the landscape part.  All you bring is some scissors and photos.  Since I had already paid and said I would come, I stuck it out and I'm glad I did.  It may not be the kind of technique I use often - I like to make bed, lap and baby quilts - not so much wall hangings.  But she taught me that I can do this.  So here is my sample.  We wrote right on the cloth (notes to remind us how we did the different techniques) and it made me feel much more confident about using the machine to do more on my quilts.  We learn machine beading, embellishing with thread, marking perspective, blending material and thread, coping with metallic thread, 3-d work and lots more.  What do you think? Well, looking at the pic I think I should learn to use my macro so you can see more detail.  So much to learn!

2 comments:

  1. I would really like to take the class of thread painting. Your sample is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carol. As far as I know Phyllis Binkley is still doing the classes and she's real close to you - she's in Hemet. Here's her website: http://www.landscapeartquilts.com/index.html

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...