Orphan Block Not!

I was working with the weathervane block seeing if I could change it to see if it looks more like a flower.  I put a light center square, a circle for the stamens and pistol.  And curved corner blocks on the 4 central blocks.  The green corners I tried to quilt in a leaf pattern.  What do you think?

Well, I think I like the regular pattern better, but it was worth trying - and since I didn't want to have an orphan block, I finished it into a little quiltlet.  I'm thinking if I wanted to make it into a morning glory block, the center would be white not gold and I could use a blue batik for the flower parts and the center square in a white blue batik.  I'll see as a real morning glory has a star with 5 points radiating from the center.

Well, enough - the computer is in the "hot" part of the house and I can't stand it any longer.  Since I had a spell of heat exhaustion in 02, I start to feel nauseous when it's over 100.  This part of the house has no ac, so back to the living room I go.

Stay cool!

4 comments:

  1. angie, its pretty, but i think i like the sharp
    angles of the weathervain better...but if i did not know what the flower came from i think i would love it...its strange, preconceived notions really influence us all

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quiltlet is beautiful, Angie. I love how you take the initiative to re-work a pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it. The green looks like leaves and the center a flower. Bingo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it, too. It does look like a flower and could be used with weather vane blocks to create a whole different look.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...