It's Done

A friend asked what that quilt I was binding looked like, so here it is on the right as I finished it this morning after Mass and photography session for the Parish directory.  It is double sided.  The binding is actually a little lighter than it looks in this picture.  This is the biggest quilt I have ever bound.  It is 91" x 97".  On left is the back:
                Here is the front:
 
And below is the label  - and no, it is not a sheet showing from under the quilt.  The back was just shy of being big enough for the quilt, so the quilter added a piece hoping it would be part of what is cut off (and some of it was) but this remained when I squared it up.  So my clever daughter, who is a whiz at calligraphy, is going to use the white section as the label and write all kinds of good stuff on it.

6 comments:

  1. I love it. Anyone would be proud to display that quilt on their bed. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very very nice!!! I agree with Denise...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely quilt! Love that it is double sided. You have done a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great and I love the idea of that label

    Love and hugs Gina xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...