Progress Report

To keep me going, here is a progress report for this week.  I've sandwiched and quilted that first row of three blocks on DD's ufo.  It is here on the right: 
I like this method of QAYG since it lets me quilt right up to the edge.  These are mostly done with stitch in the ditch quilting except for the first one.   And here is how it looks on the back.  I'm so glad that my DD picked a busy print for the back - makes my advanced beginner quilting mistakes disappear.   I always fret over what pattern to use for the quilting  - would love some suggestions for sampler quilts.  I've also started sashing the next row of three which you can see in the first picture.  Now I have to go do a mission or two, and then I'll let myself quilt a little more today in what is turning out to be a dreary looking day.  It's not giving us much rain, but it is cutting the fire hazard in the local mountains and for that I am grateful.

 

4 comments:

  1. Oh I love the colors you picked! Can't wait to see it when you finish it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking quilt! I need to try the QAYG method. Dot has tried to explain it to me, but I think I'm just going to have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's going to be a gorgeous quilt! How do you do this QAYG? It must be wonderful doing it on bigger quilts?

    ReplyDelete
  4. As this block setting has sashing I am doing it where you join them with sashing as I did the log cabin for my DDIL. That one was 40 x40. You can learn more about it by viewing the tutorial I learned the process from at http://lifeisbeautifulbom.wordpress.com/quilt-as-you-go-tutorial/

    I have made some 60 x 80 and that have no sashing (a different method) and you can see those starting at:
    http://quiltingreadersgarden.blogspot.com/2009/08/quilting-as-i-go-part-1.html (Posted in 09 and if you keep reading posts coming into this year you'll see the whole process.)

    Not a new method - I got a lot out of Marti Michel's book Machine quilting in sections. Also from others.

    Give it a try - it is an easier way to make big quilts.

    AngieN who thanks you for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...