Design Wall Monday 6/27/11

New items on my design wall.
First, a curvy block whose link was posted on one of my group lists.  I don't do many curves so I thought I would give this one a try.  The gentle curves were easy to make.  I also found it in the EQ block library under classic designs, orange peel.  This turned out 12" square, and I used scraps from the never ending bin.  I did have to use 4 7" squares to cut out the floral pieces you see.  Don't know what I'll do with it yet - that's why it is on my design wall.

Next is my June UFO.  I know it is late in the month, yet I am making progress on it so I am happy about that.  I've added another row to it.  You can see the 2 back sashing in the photo.  Yes, it is another quilt as you go.

6 comments:

  1. Your block is Excellent! You are such a brave soul....grin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was the gentle curve easy enough to make more? It's a very nice block and could make a nice project with a few more. I'm later than I'd like to be with progress on my June UFO...it will get done though...good luck on yours. Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to try a new block! It looks great -- you did a terrific job with the curves! Have a nice Monday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's lovely Angie, the fabrics are oustanding and so is the sewing.
    hugs
    Nan

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the scrappy block. Someday I'll try curved piecing--but not yet!

    Good progress on your June UFO. Hope it gets to the stage you like by the end of the month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your block is wonderful. I have not done much curved piecing. You did a great job. I cannot imagine getting that center square so perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...