Favorite Things Friday 4/20/12

One of my favorite things is sharing.  And today I'm sharing two things.  The first is another photo from my kitchen garden.  The roses are glorious and the fragrance (!) - wish you were here to enjoy it with me.  Next to the roses is our pomolo tree which is in full flower -that and the roses makes me think I am in a perfumery.
Secondly, thought you'd like to see what Robin is getting from the giveaway last week.  I had mentioned two books, some fabric, a notion and maybe a finished project.  So here they are.  Each book features a technique I dearly like.  Raw edge applique is so forgiving - I really recommend it if you've always wanted to try applique.  The next book is one where I learned some tricks on doing Quilts as You Go.  Makes finishing quilts so much faster.  The fabric, of course, is from my stash, and in some of my favorite colors.  I hope you like them too, Robin.  The notion is a cute little tin with a measuring tape in it.  Good for your purse, Robin.  And lastly, I finished off my demo applique piece of a few posts ago into a mug rug.  Enjoy, Robin. The box is going in the mail today. And thanks to all who played.  I'll be having another giveaway in May.  Hope you play then, too.
I'm linking this to Shay's Favorite Things Friday.  Go over and see what others are sharing. I'm off for my morning walk.  Happy Friday!

5 comments:

  1. Lucky Robin! Such a wonderful gift.

    Im loving looking at your roses. And the perfumed kind are my favourite . So many of them these days dont seem to have any scent at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to Robin, lovely win! Your roses are just gorgeous...I love the varieties that smell so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooooo ...... can't wait for my gifts to get here. Love those books and the fabric. I also have the perfect spot for the mug rug too. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful roses and what a generous giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful roses!! And that is one luck winner!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...