Applique Thursday 5/17/12

I'm participating in Esther Aliu's block of the month for this year (you'll find the button for this Forget Me Not BOM on my sidebar).  Here's as far as I've gotten with my cosmos block:

Still have three of the flowers to finish before I can start on the May block!  But I wanted to show you I am doing some applique.  And we have another winner!  This week it's Sarah.  She's sent me her snail mail address, so a batik charm square will be on its way to her soon.  I have another batik charm for this week.  Just leave a comment or a link to a post (for a second chance).  It's great to hear from you.

What are you working on?  Would love to see your eye candy.  It's inspiring and humbling to see your lovelies.

11 comments:

  1. Nothing new for me to post this week - hexies again! but it's so close to being done, I'm thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm drawing puppies to put on a little twister baby quilt for my soon-to-arrive dggs. had thought i'd sew on buttons for eyes, but had second thoughts and will cut out the eyes, too. haven't made many baby things for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm waiting for backing fabric to arrive. So, I'm taking small bits of leftover triangles, etc. and stitching up a dolly crazy patchwork quilt. If backing arrives before finished, it will be put on the shelf as interim project. My grandnieces are not quite ready for a dolly quilt so have time (the oldest two have theirs).
    Your cosmos block is looking good! alternate email mlwright29(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great block. I gave up on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to Sarah! I like your cosmos block!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your block looks terrific Angie, your back ground fabric is one I would love to use, I'm sure looking forward to see these blocks of yours turn in to a quilt with that fabric. I have a free day unexpected today and it has started out perfectly I slept in till 7.30am just wonderful. I'm going to do some machine sewing on my Cosmo quilt. Cheers Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is going to make a beautiful quilt. I love the red background.. Also I recieved my charm last week...will soon find its way into a project. Thanks again...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how your cosmos block is coming together, your background is brave but it is working very well. Cheers jenny

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...