Last Applique Thursday

No, I'm not giving up applique - LOL.  I'm moving this weekly post to Tuesday to better fit my schedule for family, commitments (quilty and otherwise) and available time.  The linky will be open til each Thursday, Midnight. I hope you'll still join me and share your eye candy then. I love to see what you're up to and it doesn't have to be applique!

At right is my finally finished Forget Me Not block - Crown of Thorns.  I still need to do a little more thread painting on it, but I'll do that when I quilt the wall hanging.  Esther will soon be starting the free BOM for 2013.  It is her version of a beautiful 1790 Marriage Coverlet.  I'm patiently waiting for it to start by continuing on with the 2012 BOM.  I have six blocks done now - six to go.  If you are considering her coverlet project, why not make a block of this Gorgeous Floral Quilt while you wait (and learn some of her techniques).  Each block - I think- would make a wonderful wall hanging and you have 24 blocks to choose from.  Join the yahoo group and you can see the blocks others made and the finished quilt. Then go to her shop to buy a block.

Now for the linky button:
I'm linking to Pat's Show and Tell and Amanda's Finish it Up Friday. Go see all the great eye candy!

5 comments:

  1. Good job on the Crown of Thorns. I have a plant... my flowers are flaming red, but I did recognize the shape, and of course, the thorns.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. G'day Angie, Good work on the Crown of Thorns block - I think I may have had a plant years ago. I'll keep an eye on your link party! - Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh OH OH what a stunning block of the crown of thorns, those wee flowers are gorgeous they just pop, and I'm still in love with that back ground fabric, did you notice in one of the rounds of LE; I think the last one there are some fleur-de-lis or almost fleur-de-lis???? Cheers Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is some serious applique! it's fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing, detailed work! So pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...