Applique Tuesday Week 31

Hey! I have some applique to share - it's machine applique, but that counts.  Here's my third block of that store hop from 2010:
This is a Dresden plate block but it sure looks like a square with triangles sticking out.  Think it is the fabric that makes it look like that.  The blades are all the same size.  ??

What are you up to?  I'm prepping some blocks to take with me for some hand stitching while I'm in Fort Collins next week. That's taking up all my sewing time these days. Leave me a comment and I'll come by and see your great quilties or life shots as I take breaks from starting to get ready to fly off to see my DS and DGS.

Blessings,

11 comments:

  1. I do like a dresden plate very nice

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an interesting dresden plate. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun block! I can see that made in modern colours very much like a Steam Punk quilt type of fabric selection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, it really does look like a different block with those fabrics

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, interesting! My first thought was pieced square with the sections appliqued on top. I like that, though! I also like machine applique, any of the wonderful methods. Sometimes done is better than wishing, too. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't see a Dresden Plate when I first looked but since you mention it, I can see it. I really like the colors and setting (and I think I like it better when I don't think of it as a Dresden Plate). It just has such a bold, graphic quality. Now I want to see what you do with all the blocks and how they look together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore ALL dresden plates and yours is charming :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like that version of a Dresden Plate. It'll look great all set in a quilt with others

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a very pretty block, nicely stitched. Looks very good.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...