WIPs Be Gone Week #50

First, Congrats to our winner of last week: Bambi in Sweden.  Send me an email with your address so I can send you your book.


Second, I'm happy to report the Doc says my hip is healing very well.  I"m so glad.  Once I start PT, I hope to graduate to a cane. Woohoo.  And the wonderful thing is that I can machine quilt now for longer than 5 minutes. It's so good to be back behind my Ms Juki. I'm almost finished with this baby quilt on the right!


Can't drive, of course, but that has been an eye opener. My goodness I use to flit around a lot.
And one takes so many things for granted, like putting on socks, making a scrambled egg and all the steps involved, and on and on.  Count your blessings, blog readers.

On my Ms Bernie I have the beginnings of a St. Anne's quilt.  My hope is just getting the top done. Goals have become so much simpler now.
The pile of tops is growing as I'm not sure if I could sandwich one right now as it requires a lot of standing. I sandwich on our dining table and it may take me longer than between breakfast and lunch to do it, so then where would we eat?? Another ponderable.  However, there is still hand stitching to do.  I'm working on my third noodle on my new hexie project.

What WIP am I working on?  Well as you can tell, not one at the moment.  I've still got my Jubilee quilt (WIP #5) on the design wall. Maybe I can get back to it this week.  All I need to do is add the borders once the sashing is done.
What are you up to? Would love to see it, whether finished or WIP progress or an old post, or even about what is going on in your life - not necessarily quilty. Share your goodness. Linky below ends Monday, midnight.  I'm linking to Sarah's Can I get a Whoop, Whoop? and MUV's Free Motion Mavericks.  How about you?


5 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are healing up smoothly!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful news Angie! I'm so glad you are getting around and doing much better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so good to read you are able to do so much more and able to use the machine again. Interested you are able to do the quilt on the table, I found that such a struggle not being wide or long enough, Tend to use the kitchen floor and tape the backing down but oh dear it is so hard on the knees and getting up is a major effort. Also restricted on the size I can do, oh well these problems get solved one way or another or the quilts stay as flimsies for ages!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad to read that you are able to do more now. I know it probably seems to you as if it's taking forever! The quilting on the green quilt is really pretty. I'm glad you are able to do some sewing, even if you can't sit or stand as long as you'd like. Good time to buy a quilting machine and no more sandwiching! Or a frame to fit your machine you use.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Angie, I'm really sorry to hear how painful your hip has been, and it's good news that determination is winning against the frustration. Keep on going - small projects, quicker finishes... Seeing the results will make you feel a whole lot better!
    Thank you for linking up with Free Motion Mavericks!
    Love, Muv

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...