Design Wall Monday

Here's where I'm at:
This is not the final layout - just a start on that process.  I'm not sure I want the word spelled as it is. Seems like a lot of white space.  The letters were generated by children of our parish during our 2015 Festival.  They used fabric markers to color the letters as they chose.  Here are some of examples of previous ones:



Maybe I'll make a four square block for the middle with the letters.  What do you think?

I'm linking up with Judy's DWM, Lyn's BOMs Away, Beth's Monday Making, and Em's Moving it Forward. What's on your design wall?

Happy quilting!

5 comments:

  1. This is going to be really cute, but I agree the letters to show a lot of white.
    I'm sure you'll come up with something, maybe sash them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of the four patch look for the letters LOVE. Maybe you could make the whole quilt look a little lighter by making some blocks that use a really light (white, cream or really pale colors) to surround the center squares. These look so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the letters of BABY cascading down the center of the quilt, as in the SMILE baby quilt, and then the white around the letters is in four different rows of the quilt. But our opinions are worth what you are paying us for them........zero. Do what makes your heart sing! Thanks for linking with Design Wall Mondays, Judy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Son muy bonitos y me gustan tal como estan porque me gustan quilts sencilloos para los niños/niñas.!!

    Feliz semana.Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the word Baby, but you could put it in the middle or move it to a different position so the white isn't all in one area? Just an idea, but you should do what you want to do. This is going to be pretty when you finish it how you want. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...