Some of This; Some of That

The first stash report for 2018.  What with working on two baby tops, the next hexies for Bliss, some secret blocks, a sampler block, a small pillowcase and the last of my log cabins, I used up 2.03 yds last week.  My new YTD use is therefore 2.03 yards out. I've set an arbitrary goal of 2 yards a week out - that way I'll make my 100+ yards in a year. A tad over this week. I hope to continue that performance in the coming weeks.  How did you do?

For Kate's 15 Minutes to Stitch report, I sewed at least 15 every day of the week, so my total is 6 days (since the year started on a Monday) out of 365 so far.

For Slow Sunday Stitching, I've cut the first group of four hexies for the next round (it took me hours to decide what fabrics to use), and now I'll be dissecting three of them to add design elements.
That ruler is what I use to cut the curvy bits.  I want to thank all of you for your suggestions in my last post of what fabric to use next .  I auditioned all of them, but they weren't just what I was looking for. I should mention that this is a large quilt  (around 58" x 72") so have a ways to go. And I'm still enjoying the challenge of making these unique hexies.  Once I finish prepping them, I'll hand stitch them while I watch another episode of The Crown.

I'm linking to Oh, Scrap and Sunday Stash - as well as Slow Sunday Stitching.  Hope you get to quilt today.

6 comments:

  1. Awesome! You are certainly off to a great start this year! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great start. Good luck with your goal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh 2 yds a week, wow you're off to a great start!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, the ruler in itself fascinates me :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking good! What an interesting ruler. Thanks for linking to Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...